I (Sherry) filmed this one hour Community Presentation to bring the Yoga to a group of people who never practiced. This Document Download Package consists of two documents used in this “Go Out Into Your Community” Presentation to help you formulate ideas and materials for you to use to go out into your Community and speak about the benefits of Yoga for the 50+ population. All the materials provided are copyright of the Yoga Vista Academy, but are provided with permission you to use professionally and judiciously keeping our copyright notice on the documents.
Included Documents are:
- “Three Things the Body Loses with Age.. and How Yoga Can Bring Them Back!” – Powerpoint presentation which you can edit and insert your logo, photos and contact information.
- “Three Things the Body Loses with Age.. and How Yoga Can Bring Them Back!” – Handout to give to your students.
|Module 1||3 Things the Body Loses with Age... and How Yoga Can Get Them Back!|
|Unit 1||Presentation: 3 Things the Body Loses with Age|
|Unit 2||Video: 3 Things the Body Loses with Age, and How Yoga Can Get them Back|
Like this type of Educational Approach?
Then you will love my approach to Teaching Chair and Gentle Yoga!
Check out our Online Teacher Training and Certification Programs and learn fun, unique and creative ways to educate your students on the benefits and concepts of Gentle, Senior and Chair Yoga.
“I did my power point presentation yesterday and it went really well and was actually fun! I even got another gig out of it. Thank you for sharing and helping motivate me (and others) to get the word out”. Julie D., Huntington Beach, CA.
“Please know that I presented your Three Things We Loses As we Age series to a group at the Duxbury Senior Center and it went very well. During the Pelvic mobility section, which I saved for the end, I played music that corresponded to the movement and/or the name of the movement. Just in case you are interested, these are the songs I used:
- Pelvic Tilt/Michale Jackson: Beat it
- Lateral Hip Stretch/Marilyn Monroe: Boogie Oogie by A Taste of Honey
- Circle Hip Rotation/Tom Jones: It’s not unusual
- Hoola Hoop/Figure 8: Fats Domino – Blue Monday
- Diagonal Step Out on Toes: Elvis Presley Blue Christmas (It was late November)
- Twist: Chubby Checker”
Kim O., Duxbury, Massachusetts