Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program Description
This Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program was developed specifically to train Yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, senior fitness instructors, physical therapists and other practitioners who provide rehabilitation, exercise, and injury recovery modalities. However, you don’t have to be a licensed, professional Yoga teacher to be able to take this training or bring the valuable tools and lessons you will learn here into your own practice, business or treatment plans.
Gentle Yoga is a popular, in-demand form of specialized Yoga training. Sometimes referred to as Yoga for beginners, Gentle Yoga offers many different options and variations to suit people of varying degrees of mobility, ages, health concerns and skill sets. The best part about Gentle Yoga is it helps make Yoga accessible to people with injuries, physical limitations and/or chronic health conditions–people who often consider themselves to be unable to exercise at all!
To better understand how to serve these student populations, Yoga Teachers and other practitioners must understand the nature and anatomy of the limitation to ensure that proper movement guidelines are taught in their group Yoga Classes and/or private practice sessions.
Our Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program includes video lessons and filmed live Yoga classes, downloadable training manuals, worksheets and guides for bringing Gentle Yoga into your community. All materials have been rigorously tested with thousands of Gentle Yoga students and Yoga Teachers, with glowing reviews! Students often report improved mobility, reduced pain, greater flexibility and increased happiness and peace as they feel more comfortable in their body, mind and spirit through the practice of Gentle Yoga! And the best part is, you can do this entire Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program at your own pace.
Learn Creative Ways to Keep Your Student Engaged and Coming Back!
You will find this program full of wonderful ideas to make your Yoga teaching blossom and your confidence soar. This Online Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program was designed to challenge you to learn more about what you don’t know, and feel confident that you will be able to apply these methodologies into your own community to improve the lives of others. Our deep dive workshops take you behind-the-scenes on how to research, design and deliver a Gentle Yoga class to meet the specific needs of your student population.
You will learn from a team of teachers, led by Yoga Vista Academy Co-Founder Sherry Zak Morris. Our instructors have decades of hands-on experience both with students and in training other teachers. We are committed to safe, effective Yoga techniques that are based on proper anatomy understanding and a personalized, thoughtful experience for our students. Come learn with us!
Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program Learning Objectives
- Understand why Gentle Yoga is important to add to your specialized skills
- Create a safe, effective and beneficial Gentle Yoga class using different modalities and movement practices
- Develop your own unique Gentle Yoga sequences and classes that meet the specific needs of your students
- Learn therapeutic modifications and precautions for common conditions, injuries, and issues in the aging population
- Know how to identify and apply the correct course of action in cases where you encounter a condition or physical limitation that is unfamiliar so you feel confident to serve this special community of students.
- Empower your students with knowledge so that they can learn how to work towards improving their physical conditions themselves
- Master proven Teaching Methodologies that provide a framework for safe and effective classes by observing, studying and analyzing photos and videos of real life situations
- Understand the Anatomy of Aging and how Yoga can be applied specifically to the 50+ Population Health Issues
- Instill Confidence and Skills to empower you to teach Yoga to Seniors and People with Limited Mobility and Physical issues
- Validate you have demonstrated the Skill and Knowledge to teach a safe and effective class via online quizzes and test
Why Take Gentle Yoga Teacher Training?
Gentle Yoga is a wonderful option for beginners and experienced students alike. What makes Gentle Yoga in demand is that it is perfectly suited to help people with impaired mobility, reduced range of motion, or who are recovering from a physical injury. Elderly fitness exercises are growing in demand as our population ages. Many athletes, doctors, corporations, schools and mental health professionals are recommending Gentle Yoga as a reliable, safe and effective method for maintaining long term health and vitality.
Yoga is gentle and accessible to everyone. More than just physical exercise, Yoga has proven benefits for improving mental conditions, such as anxiety, depression, sleep issues, stress, and emotional imbalances. Additionally, Gentle Yoga is more than just stretching. It builds strength and stability inside and out–even with a gentle practice!
Many students report improvement to ailments such as arthritis, low back pain, spinal conditions, sciatica, pelvic floor dysfunction, rotator cuff injuries, sports injuries, insomnia, panic attacks. Yoga is also recommended as a preventative practice, working to alleviate risks for conditions like osteopenia, tendonitis, bursitis, incontinence and fall-related injuries.
Some students even credit Yoga with weight loss, not only because of the physical exercise but also improvement to their mental health, lifestyle changes and healthier habits that often coincide with taking up the practice of Yoga.
Seniors are particularly impacted by Gentle Yoga, giving them useful, doable ways to bring fitness into their daily lives, with modifications and options based upon any particular health conditions or physical limitations they may be experiencing. Seeing a student transform from a place of pain, stiffness and discomfort to one of freedom, balance and mobility due to Gentle Yoga is the greatest benefit our Yoga Vista Academy Yoga teachers report as a result of our Online Program.
All Course materials included upon enrollment! Detailed and Illustrated Downloadable Training Manual includes:
500+ Page Full Color Training Manual in Downloadable PDF format.
- Anatomy and Physiology of each Condition
- Causes and Symptoms of each common Conditions and Issues
- Movement Guidelines – (do’s and don’ts)
- Comprehensive Yoga Pose Library: Recommended Yoga Poses/Sequences (with modifications )
- Learning Lab Video Vignettes: Yoga Pose video vignettes of each Yoga pose in the specific module.
- Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
Create Your Own Training Manual!
An Ongoing Resource you can Use Forever!
Convenient Payment Plans
Convenient Payment Options
Automated payments make enrolling simple and easy and help your bank account. You get FULL access to all the materials as soon as you enroll.
- 6 Month Payments: $260/month
- 12 Month Payments: $130/month
Should you cancel your payments, your Program access will be removed.
60 Hours Online Self-Paced Training
Pre-Requisite: Available to Yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, senior fitness instructors and/or anyone interested in offering safe and effective movements and exercises for Seniors and the 50+ Demographic.
- 60 hours of advanced Online Gentle Yoga Training includes in depth Anatomy of Aging module for common conditions, issues and injuries with movement guidelines and Yoga modifications.
- Vital student, movement and teaching philosophies that are core to Gentle Yoga training and instruction
- Specialized modules for seniors, desk workers and those suffering from technology-related issues. Most common conditions helped by Gentle Yoga include arthritis, shoulder pain, neck stiffness and discomfort, low back problems, prolonged sitting ailments like tendonitis, poor posture and hip/leg pain, plus stress, anxiety, and many more.
- A comprehensive “Head to Toe” Module dedicated to “applicable” Anatomy with specific pose modifications and movement guidelines
- Live full-class teachings from a team of Gentle Yoga teachers so you have a variety of specialists to learn from
- Deep Dive workshops on specific and common conditions most often seen in the Gentle Yoga student community
- Specialty Topic Workshops that will enhance your teaching style and knowledge of common physical issues in the 50+ demographic
- Ideas from a team of Gentle Yoga Teachers on creative ways to engage and educate your students
- And lots of live class videos and learning vignettes to guide you in sequencing and cueing your Gentle Yoga mat classes.
- Self-paced, self-study. No course deadline.
Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
Optional Ala Carte Recommendations
The following Courses and Credential Module are optional for those who want to pursue a deeper level of knowledge in targeted areas concerning Senior Health. If you are interested in being Chair Yoga Certified, then the Credential Module will provide you with the instructions on creating a one-hour Teachback class and one Written Assignment.
Time to deepen your expertise in Gentle Yoga? These 4 Workshops will take you into a deeper dive with lots of supporting material for these important areas of teaching Yoga to people with physical limitations, in rehabilitation or who have limited mobility. You will get a “behind the scenes” perspective of what it is like to teach to this demographic as many of the videos included in these workshops were recorded live with our lovely students.
Want to deepen your expertise in teaching Yoga to the 50+ Population?
This series of 5 workshops address very important topics and conditions you will see in working with the 50+ Population. Each Presenter takes a Yogic perspective into these issues so that you can understand and associate medical, anatomical and yogic philosophy as it relates to these deep dive topic areas.
Ready to Be Certified? For those Teachers who want to pursue full Certification for their Specialty area, this Certification module provides you with the details for your final teachback class and other required written assignments. An official Certificate is awarded upon passing these assignments which you can share with your employers and on your Yoga Alliance and other professional profiles.
After my success with wheelchair yoga, I immediately booked the Dual Training Chair + Gentle Yoga. (Warning: Yogavista is addictive 😉) Even the subject of “anatomy of aging” is incredibly informative and exciting! Many handouts and videos show how many options there are for gentle yoga or yoga on the chair. In this way, even older or less flexible people can benefit from the health benefits of yoga! Thank you Sherry, you have enriched my yoga life so much!
Taking this class has been an amazing experience for me. I am impressed with the amount of past and ongoing research you have put into it. This is obviously a labor of love for you and you must know how many lives you have touched. The lessons are well constructed and easy to follow. Your positive attitude is infectious. I LOVE all the videos and watch at least one a day, whether it’s chair yoga, gentle yoga, somatics, or one of the educational clips. One of the things I most appreciate is the time you take to make the class personal. You responded immediately to every email I sent, answering my questions an offering encouragement. I also appreciated the time you took to thoroughly review my teachback and provide specific, helpful comments. Where do you find the time and energy for all this?!? I am amazed. Thank you so much for the work you do. You have personally blessed many lives, and your love and compassion is radiated to the world through all those you teach. You are a gem.
I thank you for your wonderful instruction. Love it. Love it. The information you provide would make anyone a better teacher. My students love the information and knowledge they gain. They tell me that their doctors asked them what they were doing differently as their lung capacity has improved (some had very little lung capacity). They proudly told me that they informed their doctor the only new thing they were doing was Anna’s Yoga. Their doctors told them to keep coming. Same results for different students and different parts of their bodies. I can’t take the credit. We do a lot of your “While you are at it.” I am following your game plan and it is amazing. I must admit I knew nothing about the human body before I took your classes. Both me and my students thank you for a job well done.