Therapeutic: Gentle and Low Back Yoga Teacher Training Program Description
Our Online Therapeutic: Gentle and Low Back Yoga Teacher Training Program is a combination of two of our popular Teacher Training Programs that focus on teaching to people with physical limitations. This Program takes a deeper dive into structural misalignments, injuries, anatomical anomalies and dysfunction that we may encounter in our Yoga teaching.
Just because our students may have injuries and movement limitations, does not mean they cannot benefit from a safe and effective Yoga class. Knowing how to adapt and modify Yoga asanas to “do no harm” is important for all Yoga Teachers to learn and embrace. This Program will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach Yoga in an anatomically-minded manner.
The Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Program is specifically designed to educate instructors from a therapeutic viewpoint provided by the two lead Certified Yoga Therapists. It incorporates the body of work from lead teachers, Sherry Zak Morris and Justine Shelton, Co-Founders of the Yoga Vista Academy, along with a team of Gentle Yoga Teachers who share their passion for teaching to people with physical limitations. You will also see all of us on video teaching live classes where we put our teachings and philosophies to practice — Join us!
DISCLAIMER: This Program utilizes Yoga therapy concepts and approaches, but is NOT a Yoga Therapy Program nor provides a Yoga Therapy credential.
Pay in Full
Save $220 at Checkout with Coupon Code!
This program provides you with the most comprehensive Gentle and Low Back Yoga Training Program for people with limited mobility and physical limitations.
- Regular Program Price: $2,200
- Pay in Full Price: $1,980
Enter Coupon Code: PAYINFULL at checkout
(All major credit cards and PayPal accepted)
Convenient Payment Plans
Convenient Payment Options
Automated payments make enrolling simple and easy and help your bank account. You get FULL access to all the materials as soon as you enroll.
- 6 Month Payments: $375.00/month
- 12 Month Payments: $187.50month
Should you cancel your payments, your Program access will be removed.
Therapeutic: Gentle and Low Back Yoga Teacher Training Program Learning Objectives
- How to develop your own unique Gentle Yoga and Low Back Yoga sequences and classes that meet the specific needs of your Students
- Proven Teaching Methodologies that provide a framework for safe and effective classes by observing, studying and analyzing photos and videos of real live Yoga students
- Study therapeutic modifications and precautions for common conditions and issues in the aging population including Osteoarthritis, Shoulder injuries, Joint misalignments, and many more.
- Educate and empower you to teach with confidence to students who have low back issues whether they come to your Group Yoga classes, or for private sessions.
- Learn the fundamentals of the Anatomy of the low back so that you can better understand and guide your students in a safe and effective manner.
- Dive deep into common maladies and issues of the low back, as we cannot separate the low back from the rest of the spine….so the anatomy of the entire spine, including spinal curvatures and misalignments throughout the spine is covered.
- Study the anatomy of the vertebral bodies and intervertebral discs – whether they be in the low back, upper back or neck, and learn how the same Yogic principles apply to working with disc damage.
- Learn the Anatomy of Aging and how Yoga can be applied specifically to the 50+ Population Health Issues
- Instill Confidence and Skills to empower you to teach Yoga to Seniors and People with Limited Mobility and/or Physical Limitations
- Validate you have demonstrated the Skill and Knowledge to teach a safe and effective class via online quizzes and tests and in your final Teachback Class (should you pursue the Credential Optional Module)
All Course materials included upon enrollment! Detailed and Illustrated Downloadable Training Manual includes:
1,000+ Page Full Color Training Manual in Downloadable PDF format.
- Anatomy and Physiology of each Condition
- Causes and Symptoms of each common Conditions and Issues
- Movement Guidelines – (do’s and don’ts)
- Comprehensive Yoga Pose Library: Recommended Yoga Poses/Sequences (with modifications )
- Learning Lab Video Vignettes: Yoga Pose video vignettes of each Yoga pose in the specific module.
- Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
Create Your Own Training Manual!
An Ongoing Resource you can Use Forever!
100 Hours Online Self-Paced Training
Pre-Requisite: Available to Yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, fitness instructors and/or anyone interested in offering safe and effective movements and exercises for Seniors, people with movement limitations as well as the 50+ Demographic.
100 hours of advanced Online Yoga Training
- Includes 20 hours of in depth Anatomy of Aging module for common conditions, issues and injuries with movement guidelines and Yoga modifications.
- Reference material in chapter-format for easy study with knowledge checks along the way to ensure you are learning and applying teaching concepts.
- Videos of full-length live Gentle and Low Back Yoga classes as well as short video vignettes that reinforce learning concepts.
- BONUS: 16 Videos: Exploring the Temple: Our Bodies Uncovered – Anatomy Series with Sherry and Justine
- Self-paced, self-study. No course deadline.
Ongoing access to the Course material after graduation.
BONUS! Anatomy Video Series!
Explore the Temple with Sherry & Justine! An Anatomy Dissection Discussion Series for Everyone
Join us on an exploration into our bodies from a Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist’s perspective. In each video we will discuss a particular topic area, our ah-ha’s, our awe and our personal perspectives. And don’t worry… we won’t show or discuss anything that is gory or gruesome (which nothing was!). We hope you will be amazed and intrigued to learn more about your beautiful temple!
Fascial dissection Tom Myers of Anatomy Trains and Todd Garcia, Director/Dissection Master of the Laboratories of Anatomical Enlightenment in Boulder, CO.
Optional Ala Carte Recommendations
The following Courses and Credential Module are optional for those who want to pursue a deeper level of knowledge in targeted areas.. If you are interested in being Gentle Yoga or Low Back Care Yoga Certified, then the Credential Module will provide you with the instructions on creating a one-hour Teachback class and Written Assignments.
Time to deepen your expertise in Gentle Yoga? These 4 Workshops will take you into a deeper dive with lots of supporting material for these important areas of teaching Yoga to people with physical limitations, in rehabilitation or who have limited mobility. You will get a “behind the scenes” perspective of what it is like to teach to this demographic as many of the videos included in these workshops were recorded live with our lovely students.
Ready to Be Certified? For those Teachers who want to pursue full Certification for their Specialty area, this Certification module provides you with the details for your final teachback class and other required written assignments. An official Certificate is awarded upon passing these assignments which you can share with your employers and on your Yoga Alliance and other professional profiles.
I’m so glad I took Gentle Yoga for Low Back with Justine. She is an amazing instructor and human being who genuinely cares about her students. The concepts and principles I learned from Justine changed the way I teach, and I believe all of my students are safer for it. Probably the best yoga instructor I have ever worked with. #genuine #safetyfirst #awesomeinstructor
I love what I do and your courses and guidance have given me an amazing range of insights into ensuring those who attend my classes are given the best support I can give. I hope that I teach with confidence based on knowledge and a growing skill basis. Your courses are so well structured and detailed and I love the detailed functional anatomy understanding I now have.
I also like to imitate your approach of being in partnership with the students, sharing my knowledge so we can all be happier and healthier. I thought I was going to be ‘lost’ once I retired from teaching but have found a new satisfaction in life, knowing I am making a difference in the lives of others, even at my age. I turned 65 last month.
In 4 months, at the age of 53, I will finally leave my federal government job in order to follow my true passion of teaching chair, gentle and low back yoga. I am extremely grateful for your teacher certification that is allowing me to transition to a new chapter in my life. I continue to be impressed with your materials and teaching as each time I reread or repeat a video, I pick up something new.
I completed my 200 hour Yoga Alliance Training in 2009. Since then I completed trainings at Duke for Integrated Yoga for Seniors and with Yoga Vista Academy for both Chair and Gentle Yoga. The Low Back Care training has taken me to a whole different level of knowledge and teaching skills providing me with a solid understanding of low back conditions, the poses that empower and help my students improve their back conditions, the associated risks, as well as an ability to use that knowledge and teaching skills for creating a safe and effective yoga practice for my students.
Your dedication to helping all of us become better instructors is amazing and I am so grateful to be a part of this program. The special niche of helping seniors (and really anyone any age) to use Yoga to help us move through the problems of injury and aging and to get such positive results is unparalleled. Not only that but you do it with such grace, accessibility, vitality and fun. ❣️ Five Stars each to Justine, Sherry and Yoga Vista Academy⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I thank you for your wonderful instruction. Love it. Love it. The information you provide would make anyone a better teacher. My students love the information and knowledge they gain. They tell me that their doctors asked them what they were doing differently as their lung capacity has improved (some had very little lung capacity). They proudly told me that they informed their doctor the only new thing they were doing was Anna’s Yoga. Their doctors told them to keep coming. Same results for different students and different parts of their bodies. I can’t take the credit. We do a lot of your “While you are at it.” I am following your game plan and it is amazing. I must admit I knew nothing about the human body before I took your classes. Both me and my students thank you for a job well done.