Do you want to earn advanced credentials and/or a Certification in your Academy Specialty area of study?
Our Credential Module is optional for those who want to go the extra mile and submit a teachback class and final assignment. These additional components are graded by our Mentor Teacher Staff and come complete with a detail Report Card with personal feedback. If you are a 200+ hr trained Yoga Teacher, you will earn a Certification credential upon successfully completing the Credential Module. If you are not a 200-hr trained Yoga Teacher… no worries… you will receive a “Certification of Completion in Advanced Studies”.
Chair Yoga Certification Requirements:
- Field Trip Report – Venture out into your community and observe and document Seniors postures, movement patterns and personal interactions. This Assignment will help you develop a keen eye for postural misalignments and associate Yoga poses that can provide relief and support.
- One-Hour Teachback class -The purpose of the teachback is to demonstrate and incorporate some of the learning and teaching methodologies that are in the Online Chair Yoga Teacher Training Program. The review of your one hour class will tune into both your style of teaching, how you share what you have learned from the Program, and your inclusion of safety issues and concerns important to the Chair Yoga student community.
Gentle Yoga Certification and Credential Requirements:
- Observation and Reflection Report – The purpose of this written assignment is to hone your observation skills, tune into your creativity and decipher what teaching styles are in alignment with you. You will be given a selection of Gentle Yoga classes that are taught by different Gentle Yoga Teachers. Your assignment is to provide a 3-4 sentence feedback paragraph. You can share your thoughts on pacing, cueing, sequencing, ambiance, etc. You can reflect on how the class made you feel, what you learned and/or how the class was presented.
- 30-40 Minute Teachback class -Your Final Gentle Yoga Teachback will be a 30-40 minute “condensed” Gentle Yoga class that incorporates both seated and standing sequences. Choose a topic, condition, physiological issue, etc that is of interest to you and one that you want to know more about. You will research your topic and then create a Gentle Yoga class that weaves in information, knowledge, instruction and guidance as to the reasons and benefits Yoga brings to this condition. Don’t worry about all the detailed medical jargon, but rather learn about the condition enough to be able to know what movements/poses could be supportive.
Yoga for Low Back Certification and Credential Requirements:
- Sequence Vignettes – Four sequence vignettes of 5-7 poses each for the major spinal conditions covered in the training. These sequences can be drawn out in stick figures with directives and rationale (samples provided), created with sequencing apps like Sequence Wiz or Tummee, OR a video of you teaching.
- Spinal Curve Imbalances (Choose 1: Excessive Kyphosis, Flattened Thoracic, Scoliosis, Excessive Lordosis)
- Sciatica (A practice safe and effective for ‘true’ sciatica as well sciatic nerve entrapment at the sciatic notch)
- SI Joint Dysfunction
- Lumbar Disc Damage
- One-Hour Teachback class – The purpose of the teachback is to demonstrate and incorporate some of the learning and teaching methodologies that are in the Online Gentle Yoga for Low Back Care Teacher Training Program. The review of your one hour class will assess how you share what you have learned from the program, your grasp of safe sequencing including preparation and compensation for poses and your inclusion of safety issues and concerns important to the students with low back injuries or dysfunction.
Corporate Yoga Certification and Credential Requirements:
- “Lunch and Learn” Presentation – My intention and goal is to train you to become more confident delivering this information in a corporate way…. in a standup presentation format! Thus, for your Lecture Presentation Assignment, take one of the 5 Corporate Yoga lectures and video yourself presenting it. I have provided the Presentation Decks for each of the lectures so that you can customize them with your own information and branding. Don’t worry if you don’t have a big screen to project your presentation on. You can have the presentation slides printed out and you can look down on them for reference throughout your presentation.
- 30-Minute Teachback class – The purpose of the teachback is to demonstrate and incorporate some of the learning and teaching methodologies that are in the Corporate Yoga Teacher Training Program. Your Final Corporate Yoga Teachback will be a 30-minute Chair or Mat Yoga class that incorporates both seated and standing sequences. Remember, your audience is deskworkers!
Chair Yoga Dance Certification and Credential Requirements:
- Trained Chair Yoga Dance Teacher – This designation allows you to use the Chair Yoga Dance Teacher title and credential. It is a great choice for teachers who want to continue to learn and share dances in their classes, but do not want the pressure or requirement to create and choreograph their own dances. Your teachback needs to include at least two, but not more than four, of my dances. These can be the dances included in the online Program, or others I share on YouTube and/or YogaJP.TV.
- Certified Chair Yoga Dance Teacher – This option comes with an additional “Certification” credential to demonstrate that the teacher can teach, create and choreograph their own dances. Your teachback to include the same requirement as the “Trained” designation, as well as include at least one, but not more than three, of your own choreographed dances. Each choreographed dance must include the information on the Back story, lyrics and moves as described throughout the Program.
Wheelchair Yoga Teacher Training Certification and Credential Requirements:
- 30-Minute Teachback class -The purpose of the teachback is to demonstrate and incorporate some of the learning and teaching methodologies that are in the Online Wheelchair Yoga Teacher Training Program. The review of your 30 minute class will tune into both your style of teaching, how you share what you have learned from the Program, and your inclusion of safety issues and concerns important to the wheelchair Yoga student community.